With only 28 days, February may be the shortest month, but that doesn’t mean you can’t find ways to make February your most enjoyable month. There’s a lot going on in February and lots you can do to make the most of the month ahead.
February: 28 Days and 28 Ways
- Enjoy the winter wonderland: bundle up and head outside to the nearest nature trail to take in the snowy scenery and peaceful sounds.
- Make a decadent hot chocolate: When you come in from shoveling the snow or an afternoon of ice skating, a rich mug of hot cocoa can feel like a dream.
- Have a home spa day: After enjoying the great outdoors, relax indoors and pick up some of your favorite beauty treatments and treat yourself to a well-deserved at-home spa day.
- Take a winter trip: A winter adventure near or far is a fun way to get out and enjoy the best this season has to offer. You can plan a ski trip, a weekend getaway to a cabin, or find some local winter attractions.
- Take a sunny vacation: A trip to a warm destination is always a great way to beast the winter blues and have a fun adventure!
- Start a knitting project: Whether you already know how to knit or have always wanted to learn, pick up some needles and wool and create something cozy.
- Read a romance novel: With the cold weather outdoors and Valentine’s Day approaching, there isn’t a better month visit your local bookstore or library to discover or pick up a favorite book.
- Visit a Library February is National Library Lover’s Month. Celebrate by visiting your local library. Bring the grandkids and show them the magic of books!
- See Punxsutawney Phil’s prediction: February 2nd is Groundhog Day, so be sure to tune in to see what everybody’s favorite weather-hog says for how many more weeks of winter we have in store!
- Make a treat with Nutella: February 5th is World Nutella Day, so it’s the perfect day to whip up a special dessert featuring the delicious chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Make a pizza: Think it can’t get better than World Nutella Day? February 9th is National Pizza Day, the perfect day to make some homemade pizza to your exact specifications. That’s amore!
- Countdown to Valentine’s Day: Send 14 heartfelt love notes to your partner or kids: write them on small hearts and put them in a jar so they can read one each day.
- Create some DIY Valentine’s Day decor: make your own heart wreath, a pink and white banner, personalized valentines, or a resin art project. An easy online search can get your creative engine quickly started!
- Watch a romantic movie: Get in the mood with a classic (or new!) romantic film.
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day: there are so many ways to celebrate, from a romantic date night out to a home-cooked night in. Treat your significant other, your children, or yourself with something special, like homemade desserts, thoughtful gifts, and sweet notes
- Get a head start on spring cleaning: While it’s cold outside, it’s the perfect time to stay inside and begin decluttering.
- Donate gently used clothing: Go through your closet and choose items that are gently worn that you no longer wear and donate them to a local thrift store.
- Tackle a few things on your to-do list: We all have a running to-do list. Take a day to knock some of the items off, then sit back and take pride in your progress you’ve made!
- Carve out time to relax: the winter months can be tough, where the frigid temperatures and briefer daylight can make you feel blue and tense. Enjoy cups of hot tea, light candles, read books, and watch movies in bed.
- Do something kind for someone: February 17th is National Random Acts of Kindness Day and there are plenty of ways to spread kindness! Let someone go ahead you at the coffee shop, bake cookies for friends, thank a special friend with a gift card, send a letter to a friend or family member.
- Treat yourself to something special: Whether that’s sleeping in an extra hour, getting a massage, taking a day off work, or some new clothes – don’t forget to take care of yourself!
- Bake a dessert: Nothing delights a loved one like a surprise treat. Whether you prepare their favorite or try a new recipe, they’re sure to appreciate – and remember – the gesture!
- Watch the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show
The two-day event at New York City’s Madison Square Garden features more than 2,700 pooches going tail to tail to win the coveted Best in Breed title.
- Spoil your pet: February 20th is National Love Your Pet Day, so give them some extra love and attention!
- Try a new fitness class: check your gym’s schedule or search online for classes in your area and give a different activity a go.
- Do something creative: try your hand at painting or pottery! Find out about local beginner’s classes in your area, or search for online tutorials!
- Make a Pistachio Brown Butter Cake: Did you know February 26th is National Pistachio Day? You do now! And there’s no better way to let loved ones know than whip up a sweet pistachio treat to celebrate the day!
- Write out 28 things you’re grateful for: Writing a gratitude list noting all the things you’re thankful for this month is a great way to articulate and remind yourself of the things you’re grateful for.
Whether you’re staying home or heading out for adventures, February offers so many great opportunities to relax, learn, and celebrate all the rich offerings of this unique month!